Accounting Technicians are qualified accounting professionals employed throughout all levels of finance across the public sector, industry, commerce and private accountancy practices.
Accounting Technicians are involved in the day- to-day practical work of accountancy and play a key operational role in producing reliable financial information. They can perform a wide range of finance roles, from accounts staff to financial controller and beyond.
They can work on their own or alongside professional accountants. In a small company, they may be the only qualified employee looking after the finance function, while in a larger company, they may be working as part of a team alongside accountants and administrative staff.
Who is it for?
- Leaving Certificate or A-Level graduates who now wish to complete a professional qualification
- Those who have completed Leaving Certificate/A-Levels in recent years but have not yet pursued a professional
- Mature students who would like to go on to further study but who don’t know how to take that first step
- Students of Further Education courses in business or accounting who wish to progress to a professional qualification
- Those who currently work or have previously worked in a finance role such as bookkeeping, general administration, payroll, accounting assistance etc., but have not received any formal training to date
- Staff who hold a senior management or general management position and would like to gain a greater understanding of the accountancy process
- The self-employed who would like to improve their business and financial management skills