The need for high quality supervision has never been more so than in the current drive to deliver quality services across various sectors.
This intensive two day course is ideal for those who already supervise the casework of others or who wish to receive training in that area.
We have designed the course to provide you with a practical overview of professional supervision along with a focus on common problems and issues that arise.
The course is based on the work of Tony Morrison and will be delivered in a relaxed, confidential and safe environment through lecture, practical exercises, interaction, discussion and peer-to-peer sharing of issues and experiences. We also take a look at theories of learning and management including the Kolb Learning Cycle.
It is essential for those already conducting formal supervision in the healthcare, social care and childcare sector.
- Definition of Supervision for deeper understanding
- What is Supervision? What is it not?
- Basic Concepts and Models
- Roles & Responsibilities of all involved
- Accountability by all parties
- The Supervision Outcome Cycle
- The functions of Supervision
- Identifying learning styles
- Supervision contracts and structure
- Developing Reflective Practice in Supervision
- The Blocked Cycle and how to deal with it
- Practical exercises, sharing and discussion
- Common Questions, Concerns & Confusions
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who supervise in a wide variety of agencies in social, health and child care. It has been developed to support managers/teamleaders in providing effective supervision in their workplace. The training has been devised from the work of Tony Morrison with reference to many other experts in the field who indicate supervision as an effective tool for continual development in the care industry.
Aims & Objectives
- Participants will gain a solid introduction to Supervision practice
- Supervision will be explored as a formal and informal process
- Participants will have the opportunity to have personal and professional reflection and discussion
- Participants will gain a clear understanding of the barriers and benefits of supervision
- Learning and Management models will be explored which will aid Supervision activity
- Participants will gain an understanding of the shared responsibility approach
- Understanding of the drivers of supervision
- The organisation will benefit from the cycle of development encouraged through supportive Supervision for staff and management
A certificate of completion, from CMD Training Institute, will be issued to participants.
Contact Office For Next Available Dates