Business Leadership: Developing as Managers
This two-day programme is a designed to help you develop your management and leadership skills. It is designed to help you create and accomplish your personal best, and to help you lead others to get extraordinary things done.
At its core, leadership means setting goals, initiating a path and persuading others to follow. But the responsibility entails much more. Leaders must get their message out in a way that inspires, make the most of their limited time and build roads to valuable resources. They must negotiate alliances, improve their communication with colleagues and align the ambitions of employees with the needs of the organisation.
By accepting the challenge to lead, you come to realise that the only limits are those you place on yourself.
Objectives of this workshop:
- Define your role as a manager and a leader.
- Understand the management challenge and the functions of management.
- Identify your leadership profile and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve your success as a manager.
- Understand how to build trust and build relationships
- Understand the important criteria for effect feedback.
- Discuss the importance of meeting management and delegating effectively.
- Enhance your ability to communicate with others in meetings and difficult situations.
- Learn simple problem solving techniques that can be applied to all problem types.
- Discover how you can prepare for and embrace the forces of change.
- Identify ways to get you and your workspace organised.
- Create an action plan for developing your career as a manager.
Next Course: Wednesday 29th & Thursday 30th of January 2020
Times: 9.30am – 5.00pm
Please contact us for further details and to request an outline of the programme.
* Funding may be available from a local Skillnet. Further details may be supplied.