As a business practice Talent Management is relatively young and rapidly growing. Aspects of Talent Management have existed for years but it is really only recently that we have brought together all areas of recruitment, employee development, retention, engagement, succession planning and leadership and management development and discussed them in terms of Talent Management.
Today’s employers are challenged to increase performance and meet talent expectations, while at the same time maximising the return on investment in employee development.
Some Key Questions to Ask Yourself………….
- What aspects of Talent Management has your organisation already tested?
- Do you have a formal Talent Management programme in place?
- Is there a difference between Performance Management and Talent Management?
- What are you doing to develop future leaders?
- Do you have Succession Planning initiatives introduced in your organisation? Are the right people in place?
- Are you ready for the future?
Replacement hiring is a reactive response to a vacancy; Succession planning is a proactive process that addresses needs before they exist.
Talent Management Process:
- Recruiting successfully
- Deploying and developing
- Engaging Employees
- Retaining good talent
- Leadership development
- Management development
- Succession Planning for future crisis
At CMD Training Institute we can help you to introduce your entire Talent Management process for your organisation – planning for the future is essential! Don’t wait until the crisis happens before you establish your process.